Like Ed Abbey said, don't burn yourself out, be a part time crusader. So with all the challenges at home and abroad it's always necessary to get out there and explore, find adventure wherever you can, and as Abbey promises we will out live the bastards!
Pictured above from top to bottom:
1) The wild West End of Santa Cruz Island.
2) Junak plotting the day while trying to hang on to the map with the wind gusting.
3) Bald Eagle wearing tag #98.
4) Bechers Bay and botany party.
5) Skunk Point.
6) East end of Santa Cruz, showing contact of the Monterey Shale and Conejo Volcanics formations (Conejo is denoted by the reddish coloring and is on left).
7) Two Santa Rosa Island endemics the Santa Rosa Island Manzanita and SR sub species of the Torrey Pine which also occurs as another sub species in La Jolla.